A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

BRAG 2006


Just two days now, and seven of us will start the journey on bicycles from Dalton, GA to Augusta, GA in a six day trip through the mountains and hills of North Georgia. Usually, I take this trip and camp in a tent along with over 1,000 people in "tent cities" at high schools and colleges, but this time, I will share a room in a nearby motel with one of the person's on this years BRAG and not put up a tent every night and suffer from the heat (it will be in 90's most every day). This will be my 8th BRAG, usually done with me second Son, Rick. He will not join me this year due to business conferences he has to attend. I will drive the van, carry luggage each day, but hope to ride up to 30 miles a day by going to a rest stop, park the van, ride to the next rest stop and back to the van. At 78 years, that will be enough for me .... specially in the mountains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home