A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Horrible Hundred

Today, I leave for four days in Florida to help my very good friend to implement the Florida Freewheelers' HORRIBLE HUNDRED bicycle event . While the ride doesn't happen until Sunday, I will be helping get things together for the event (stuffing packets, getting rental vehicles, loading supplies and then taking my van loaded to the event and helping run a rest stop for the 1,100 cyclist expected). The Horrible Hundred is called “horrible” because the ride takes cyclist over some very steep hills surrounding Clermont, Florida. (http://www.floridafreewheelers.com/news.html) If you ever ridden a bicycle up a hill, you know how tough it can get! Clermont is a very friendly bicycle city located on a beautiful lake where many triathalons are held. It is also the site when I qualified and went to the National Senior Games where I participated in the 5K and 10K bicycling time trials.


I have informed my friend I will not be available to work Saturday afternoon from 3:30pm to about 6:30pm, BECAUSE Auburn and Alabama will be playing football and Auburn needs to win this game to keep pressure on the voters in the bowl series poll. A very BIG rivalry, this game can be won or lost by the team NOT favored. I remember way back when Auburn was un-ranked and beat Alabama 14-13 to knock Alabama out the Orange Bowl bid. It has happened several times for either team.

I return home Monday, then off to Statesboro, GA on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, Jekyll Island on Saturday after Thanksgiving to manage the Jingle Bell Ride for the Jekyll Island Authority and not back home until Nov. 29th.

A very busy time ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home