A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veterans Day 2004

Having served in the US Army twice, Veterans Day always brings back many memories! The strongest of those probably was patrolling the 38th parallel in 1946 in Korea and seeing the NKV watching us and occassionally firing a shot over our heads to let us know they were there. Not long after leaving Korea, these same guys invaded South Korea to start the "Korean peace keeping mission". I joined the reserves when I was discharged and was called back to duty and sent back that way. Providence kept me in Japan and assigned to Japan Logistic Command and stationed in Yokohama. I was pulled out of the pipeline of troops going to the front in Korea and my name had been red lined from being assigned to the 1st Calavary Division. The 1st Calavary Division was over ran at Chosen Resevior in North Korea and the casualties were very high. Most survivors had their feet frozen from the harsh winter during that battle. It was providence that I missed that action by the grace of God!
I have a deep feeling of respect for our troops and ask God's blessing on those serving today to fight for freedom for people of the world! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home