A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trip to Huntington, NY


My best friend, Holly, has a daughter in Huntington, NY expecting a baby on December 7, but unexpectedly, she delivered Thursday, November 13, 2008. So, since Holly and I had planned to be there, we rushed around packing clothes and stuff and departed my house about 1:00pm Thursday, November 13th. We drove to Rocky Mount, NC for overnight at a Hampton Inn (very good service!). Then next morning had about a eight hour drive to Huntington. Took about nine hours due to drizzle and periodic rain showers, as well as, traffic on the loop road around NYC and into Long Island. My God, there a lot of people around these parts and on Friday they drive to work so they can bank and shop with paychecks that day .... bumper to bumper for about 20 miles!

We arrived at the hospital about 5:30pm to be greeted with much love from Ellie (the Mother), Joe (proud Father), Joe's Mother and Sister. Holly was awed and was in heaven as she was able to hold this lovely one day hold Page Kellershon as shown in this picture!

For family and friends who read my blog, I will be posting on here some historic North Shore Long Island pictures and text in the next week or so, comeback and read what a really nice place this area has and always has been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home