A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Real Episode

Well, the best has happened! My girl friend has returned and we have settled differences! I was married to my high school sweetheart for just over 50 years before she passed away from Lung Cancer. I never really understood her, even though we had a long and happy marriage and raised four fine children. I have learned what to say and what not to say "most" of the time.
I have known that women have emotions and men have egos. I have learned how to not stir up emotions, but this time I just lapsed into a desire to ride my bicycle when I should have NOT neglected my girl friend.
I suffered when her emotions got stirred up when I didn't go see her while I was riding with a friend .... another lesson about women!
So there you bloggers, learn from this 80 year old man!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lavinia said...

Hi Dave, what an entertaining blog you have. I think its great! Congratulations on making it up with your girlfriend. You are right---the gulf between men and women understanding each other is very wide. Some would say insurpassable. Mars and Venus and all that...

I will be back to visit your blog, and enjoy the insight into octogenarianism, as I live with my father who is over 80 himself.

Best Regards,
Lavinia

2:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home