A chronological view of my life as it happens. For no ones benefit, except for my own amusement.

Monday, March 14, 2005

March Florida Trails Tour


The March Florida Trails Tour in downtown Winter Garden on the West Orange Trail. The trail goes around this fountain and on to Apopka, FL. Total trail length is 22 miles. By starting in the middle and going from one end to near the other end and back, we bicycled 32 miles on this beautiful day in Florida! Pictured are (l to r): Harry. Me, Marilyn, Mary and Howard. All of us 65 or over, oldest was Harry at 81 and he bicycled 194 miles on the tour in four days of riding. We were rained out on Wednesday or he would have had over 230 miles for the week!  Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hey Uncle D,

That's great! I wish I could ride 230 miles in a week, with the pain in my quad tendon I don't think I could. I did get in about 20 this past Saturday. The winds were so high it was scarry in the crosswinds. Riding out I was doing speeds well over 25 mph and I was alone. On the way back it was 12 mph, and I think it was at times tougher than "Oh shift" hill at Cheaha.

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home